A total of 22 cabinet ministers, nine ministers (independent charge) and 13 ministers of state were also sworn in.
Controversial hardline Hindutva advocate Yogi Adityanath took oath as the 21st Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh on Sunday, March 19.
Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma also took oath as deputy chief ministers. Mr. Sharma has been the mayor of Lucknow twice, while Mr. Maurya is the U.P. BJP president. Both were touted as probable contenders for the post of CM.
Along with them, a total of 22 cabinet ministers, nine ministers (independent charge) and 13 ministers of state were also sworn in.
There only five female ministers, among whom only one is a cabinet minister — Rita Bahuguna Joshi. Ms. Joshi spent 16 years as part of the Congress before shifting over to the BJP. Her father Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna was the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, while her brother Vijay Bahuguna served as the Uttarakhand Chief Minister from 2012 to 2014.
There are two female ministers (independent charge) — Anupama Jaiswal and Swati Singh, and two female Ministers of State — Gulab Devi.
Of the 22 cabinet ministers, 10 have criminal cases against them, with the highest being Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi and Satyapal Singh Baghel with seven cases each against them.
Here is the full list:
* Surya Pratap Shahi, former UP BJP president and former minister under Kalyan Singh regime.
* Suresh Khanna, MLA from Shahjahanpur is an eight time MLA.
* Swami Prasad Maurya rebelled from BSP, is former leader of opposition.
* Satish Mahana, senior MLA from Kanpur, a former minister, he is a Punjabi.
* Rajesh Agarwal, a two-time MLA from Bareilly cantonment, first-time minister.
* Rita Bahuguna Joshi is former UP Congress president and MLA from Lucknow Cantonment.
* Dhara Singh Chouhan
* Dharampal Singh
* S.P. Singh Baghel, BJP’s backward morcha president, a Dalit MLA from Tundla in Firozabad.
* Satyadev Pachauri, MLA from Govindnagar in Kanpur, Senior leader.
* Ramapati Shastri, former minister in BJP govt. MLA from Mankapur in Gonda.
* Jai Pratap Singh, MLA from Bansi in Siddharth Nagar in east UP.
* Om Prakash Rajbhar, president of SBSP, BJP’s ally, MLA from Zahoorabad in Ghazipur.
* Brijesh, BSP rebel, former MP and present MLA from Lucknow Central.
* Laxmi Narayan Chaudhary, MLA from Chata, former BSP leader.
* Chetan Chauhan, former cricketer in Indian team, two-time MP from Amroha.
* Srikanth Sharma, BJP national spokesperson, won from Mathura.
* Rajendra Pratap Singh is a four-time MLA.
* Siddharth Nath Singh is an MLA from Allahabad West. National secretary of BJP.
* Ashutosh Tandon, son of former MP Lalji Tandon. He is MLA from Lucknow East.
* Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi is an MLA from Allahabad. Former BSP minster and Congress Lok Sabha candidate.
Ministers (Independent charge)
* Anupama Jaiswal MLA from Bahraich
* Suresh Rana (riot-accused) MLA from thana bhawan, Meerut
* Upendra Tiwari, MLA from Phephna in Ballia. Brahmin leader
* Mahendra Singh, MLA from Hasanpur in Amroha, defeated cabinet minister Kamal Akhtar
* Swatantra Dev Singh, Kurmi leader and organization man. BJP gen sec in UP
* Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was elected MLC last year, Jat leader from Moradabad
* Dharm Singh Saini, MLA from Nakud in Saharanpur. Former BSP minister. Defeated Congress strongman Imran Masood. Is an OBC.
* Anil Rajbhar, MLA from Varanasi’s Shivpur seat.
* Swati Singh, debutant MLA from Sarojini Nagar in Lucknow, wife of Daya Shankar Singh who made sexist remarks on Mayawati. Thakur by caste. Defeated Anurag Yadav, nephew of Mulayam Singh.
Ministers of State
* Gulab Devi: MLA from Chandausi. Dalit.
* Jai Prakash Nishad: a most backward caste, MLA from Rudrapur in Deoria
* Archana Pandey MLA from Chibramau in Kannauj, Brahmin
* Jai Kumar Singh: MLA from Jahanabad seat in Fatehpur. Kurmi by caste. Fought on Apna Dal ticket
* Atul Garg: MLA from Ghaziabad seat.
* Ranvendra Pratap Singh: MLA from Hasanganj in Fatehpur, Thakur by caste
* Neelkanth Tiwari: MLA from Varanasi South. Modi held road show in his constituency. First-time legislator and advocate by profession.
* Mohsin Raza: Shia Muslim former cricketer from Lucknow. Not member of any house. BJP spokesperson on TV channels.
* Girish Yadav: MLA from Jaunpur. OBC
* Baldev Olakh: MLA from Bilaspur, and Sikh face
* Mannu Kori: Dalit, MLA from Mehroni in Jhansi
* Sandeep Singh: grandson of Kalyan Singh, MLA from Atrauli, only 26 years old. Youngest minister, Lodh by caste (OBC)
* Suresh Pasi: Dalit, winner from Jagdishpur in Amethi, Rahul Gandhi’s Lok Sabha seat.
(0) Readers Comments
December 14, 2011
January 02, 2012