New Delhi,26 February 2016:
The combined Passing Out Parade of 276 PSIs including 90 W/PSIs and 187 Women Constables of Delhi Police was held at Police Training College, Jharoda Kalan, New Delhi. They took the oath in a colorful ceremonial parade after successfully completing their basic training. Smt. Vimla Mehra, Spl. Commissioner of Police, Admn. Delhi took the salute of the marching contingents.
The parade was also attended by senior officers of Delhi Police.
During their long & hard training, all the skills required for their profession have been imparted. The PSI officers have been trained in Law, police science, criminology, computer application, security management and cyber Crime investigation. Women Constables have been trained in Law, Human Rights with prominence on professionalism, discipline & good behavior. For effective community policing they have been sensitized on gender issues, Crime against women, children & senior citizens. With special emphasis on safety and security of women, all the women Constables have been trained in U.A.C & Commando.
After witnessing their splendor march past, Chief Guest gave away the ‘All Round Best’ trophies to Shri Rohit Kumar for PSIs batch and W/Ct. Sharmila for the best recruit of batch Nos. 39 & 105 respectively.
In her speech, Spl. Commissioner of Police, Delhi congratulated them for completion of their training successfully and hoped that they would always remain ahead of time by improving their professional skills in use of latest technology and scientific tools. This would equip them to assimilate the skills to understand, prevent and resolve the fast changing patterns in crime and serve the public with more humanitarian approach. She reminded them of their oath to work with the principles of truth, hard work, honesty and being impartial. She emphasized on their contribution related to a slew of issues facing the capital like; terrorism, maintenance of law and order, security of woman and weaker section etc. She particularly highlighted the fact that Delhi Police personnel have to work hard to establish trust and faith with the public so as to build a collaborative influence.
Points in brief about training of PSIs
About this batch (No. 39)
- 276 PSIs including 90 W/PSIs.
- “Unity in diversity” is manifested in this batch as there are 83 from Haryana, 76 from Delhi, 61 from Uttar Pradesh, 24 from Rajasthan, 06 from Bihar, 05 from Manipur, 02 from Uttrakhand, 03 from Punjab, 02 from Himachal Pradesh, 02 Chandigarh, 06 from Goa Police & 01 each from Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Karnatka, Telangna, Chatishgarh, & Jharkhand.
- Educational profile of these PSIs is quite impressive as this batch has 4 M.Sc, 2 M.Tech, 48 M.A, 3 MBA, 33 B.Tech, 18 B.Sc and 168 Graduates.
- E” Training Modules were utilized to impart comprehensive knowledge on investigation of burglary, hurt, accident, rape and murder cases.
- Case studies and simulated crime scenes were used for better appreciation of investigation.
- One month commando training imparted to all
About Recruit Const. ( Batch No. 105)
- 187 Women Recruit Constable.
- 48 Uttar Pradesh, 48 Rajasthan, 40 Haryana, 39 Delhi, 3 Jharkhand, 7 Bihar, 1 Himachal Pradesh & 1 Orissa.
- Educational profile: – 13 MSc, 11 MA, 5 BSc, 108 Graduate and 50 (10+2) pass.
- During their training special emphasis was given on their Physical, Mental and technical growth.
- They were given yoga and stress management classes for their overall mental stability.
- The women recruits have been imparted with the same level of training as of Male constables.
- For better prevention of Crime against women, three days Sympossium was held at PTC complex on 10.09.2015.