- TWO NIGERIAN NATIONALS ARRESTED.
- INVOLVED IN SUPPLYING OF COCAINE IN DELHI.
- 92 GM OF FINE QUALITY COCAINE RECOVERED.
- VALUE OF SEIZED CONTRABAND IS APPROXIMATELY RS.50 LAC IN INTERNATIONAL MARKET.
Crime Branch has arrested two Nigerian nationals namely Uzoma Joseph Umealakei (25 yrs) s/o Umealakei Joseph r/o Wazir Nagar, Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi 110003 (Permanent Address:- Amechi Street, Asaba Delta State, Asaba, Nigeria) and Emeka Umealakei @ Alex (38 yrs) s/o Umealakei r/o Wazir Nagar, Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi 110003 ( Permanent Address:- Abuja, Nigeria) and has recovered 92 gm fine quality cocaine. Value of the recovered contraband is approximately Rs.50 lac in international market.
INFORMATION, TEAM AND OPERATION: –
On 14.05.2016, an information was received that two Nigerian nationals who are involved in supply of cocaine would come near Yes Bank, Kotla Mubarakpur. On this information, a team led by ACP Sanjay Sehrawat, Insp. P C Yadav, SIs Mandeep, Sandeep, HCs Vikal Singh, Dinesh Singh, Ajay Kumar, Narender Singh, Cts Naresh, Rahul, Brijesh Pandey, Ravi, Vijender, Rakesh, Sandeep, Arvind, Sudhir and Jitender was constituted under the supervision of DCP Bhisham Singh, to nab them. On the basis of information, a trap was laid opposite Yes Bank, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Kotla Mubarak Pur village and accused persons were apprehended with 92 gm of fine quality cocaine.
INTERROGATION & PROFILE: –
- Emeka Umealakei @ Alex came to Delhi, India on business Visa. He used to buy clothes from India and used to sell the same in Nigeria. In 2006, he got married to an Indian girl with whom he is staying in Munirka, New Delhi. He was doing this import/export business of clothes but there is not much profit in the business. In order to fulfill his wants, he met one Nigerian national namely Victor/James based in Mumbai, who often visits Delhi to supply drugs.
- Uzoma Joseph Umealakei came to India on 5th October 2015 on student visa. His uncle Emeka Umealakei @ Alex brought him to his house. His uncle put him into the drugs trade. They started purchasing drugs/cocaine/methaqualone from Victor and began to sell the same in various parts of Delhi NCR. Victor used to meet them at Ansal Plaza, Panchsheel Park, Arjun Nagar and other places of Delhi. Emeka @ Alex usually send him to deliver the drugs. They sell the drugs to different customers.
Accused persons have been arrested under relevant sections of law and efforts are being made to trace Victor.
RAVINDRA YADAV (IPS)
JOINT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
News Source: Delhi Police (PR Cell)