DELHI TRAFFIC POLICE ADVISORY FOR LORD GANESHA IDOL IMMERSION TOMMOROW
IDOL IMMERSION OF LORD GANESHA ON 15.09.2016.
There will be immersion of idols of Lord Ganesha in Delhi at variousghats of river Yamuna. The main immersion will be on 15thSeptember, 2016 from 11.00 a.m. onwards. Arrangements for immersion have been made at the following ghats :
1 KudesiaGhat, 5 Geeta Colony Ghat (Gandhi Nagar Pushta)
2 Geeta Ghat, 6 MayurViharExtn. Ghat (Near DND Flyover)
3 HathiGhat, 7 Kalindi Kunj Ghat
A large number of devotees from all over Delhi will be coming to the Ghats, individually and in groups, for immersion of idols of Lord Ganesha.
The following roads are likely to face congestionon 15.9.2016 due to movement of devotees:
|1||From 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM||Saraswati Marg, Faiz Road, BeadonPura|
|2||From 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM||Copernicus Marg, Sikandara Road, Tilak Marg|
|3||From 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM||Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg|
|4||From 1.00 PM to 9.00 PM||Wazirabad Road including Wazirabad bridge, Ring Road/ Bypass Road from Rajghatupto Burari via ISBT, Majnuka Tilla; S.P. Mukherjee Marg, Rani Jhansi Road, Boulevard Road, Netaji Subhash Marg; Yamuna bridge Vikas Marg,Pushta Road, Noida Link Road; Mathura Road, G.D. Birla Marg (Road No. 13A)|
Areas/roads in close proximity of the above roads may also face congestion owing to movement of devotees.
- Commercial vehicles and buses coming from Mukarba Chowk side will not be allowed on Wazirabad bridge and will be directed towards ISBT bridge with effect from 02.00 PM.
- Commercial vehicles and buses coming from trans Yamuna towards Ring Road (Wazirabad bridge) will be diverted from Khajoori Khas Chowk towards Shastri Park on Pushta Road with effect from 02.00 PM.
- On exit from Geeta Ghat, all empty vehicles will take left turn on Shahdra loop and will proceed on Shahdra flyover road and then may take U turn from I.T. Park.
- Yamuna Pushta road towards Jaitpur from Kalindi Kunj would be one way. Traffic from Jaitpur side to Kalindi Kunj will be directed to Kachchi Colony Road, Agra canal.
- On exit from Kalindi Kunj Ghat all empty vehicles will take compulsory left turn on Jaitpur Pushta and use Kachchi Colony Road on Agra canal.
Devotees must avoid parking their vehicles on the road sides near the Ghats. Only limited parking is available near/at Ghats, at the following locations:
- Near U turn, Sanyas Ashram on Shahdara loop from Monastery side onwards near ISBT.
- Kudesiya Ghat/ Geeta Ghat ISBT.
- Shyam Ghat.
- Hathi Ghat
- Kalindi Kunj.
- Mayur Vihar Extension Ghat
General appeal to public/ organizers: –
- The organizers should sensitize the devotees to obey traffic rules.
- Please don’t indulge in driving without helmet, triple riding on two wheelers, carrying passengers in goods vehicles.
- No not indulge in drunken driving.
- Organizers should use only LGVs or cars/small vehicles for carrying of idols. No Goods Vehicle should be used to carry passengers.
- Do not use HGVs or tractor- trolleys for carrying of idols and people.
- Organizers should deploy sufficient numbers of volunteers along the route and at important intersections as well as during the immersion at Ghats.
- No loud music should be played.
- Idol immersion should be concluded before sunset.
- Drum beating and fire crackers will not be allowed at Ghats.
- Organizers should display label on their vehicles naming Ghat where they want to immerse their idols.
- Follow directions of policemen on duty.
- DEVOTEES SHOULD BE CAREFUL AT THE GHATS AND MUST AVOID ENTERING DEEP WATERS.
- Be watchful of any unidentified objects or suspicious persons.
NOTE: The above traffic advisory is for 15th September. But some congestion is likely to be faced on the above roads/locations on 14th September also, due to devotees coming to ghats for idol immersion. Traffic diversions/regulations will be done accordingly on the same lines, as per need, on 14th