LAUNCH OF MOBILE APP FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Delhi Police is committed to work for the safety and security of senior citizens. Several measures have already been taken in this regard. Today Delhi Police has taken a new initiative in this direction by launching a Mobile App for senior citizens on the occasion of the International Day of Older Persons.
This Mobile App has been launched by Shri Najeeb Jung, Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi today at National Media Centre.
Unique features of the Senior Citizens Mobile App
- SOS button for Emergency Call to senior citizens Helpline 1291.
- Alert comes to 24×7 Control Room with location of the caller.
- Simultaneous Alert to Area SHO, Beat Officer, pre assigned contact through SMS.
A senior citizen can register himself/herself with Delhi Police with the help of the App. The registered senior citizen may know his/her Beat officer’s name and telephone number. He/She can also check last date of visit by beat officer to him/her.
The Beat officer may know the details of registered senior citizens of his beat through this App. Whenever he goes to visit the registered senior citizen he will take a selfie with him/her and upload the same on the App. Area SHO may keep a tab on the visits of Beat Officers of the Police Station to the registered senior citizens of their respective beats. Area SHO can also register new senior citizens through this App.
Senior citizens aged 60 years or above who are living alone or with spouse and those who live with family but remain alone for a long period during day time, can register themselves with Delhi Police.
Apart from registration through this Mobile App senior citizens of Delhi can also register themselves with Delhi Police through already existing below mentioned means: –
- Contacting the Senior Citizens Security Cell on Telephone Nos. 23490233 (Telefax), 23490010 / 4336 (Extn.).
- Calling on helpline No. 1291 or police assistance No. 100.
- Sending an e-mail on : email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online registration through website: delhipolice.nic.in (Senior Citizen Security Cell)
- Visiting the Senior Citizens Security Cell, PHQ, at 1st Floor, MSO Building, I.P. Estate, New Delhi personally.
- Contacting district Addl. CsP/DCsP, Sub-division ACsP office or area police station or the beat constable.
Presently, 27,645 senior citizens are registered with Delhi Police and we hope more senior citizens will get themselves registered in the future.