7th National Conference of Heads of Prisons of all States/Union Territories 07th-08th October, 2021
BPR&D Headquarters, Mahipalpur, New Delhi
Posted On: 07 OCT 2021, Delhi
The two day 7th National Conference of Heads of Prisons of all States/Union Territories, was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State, for Home Affairs, Shri Ajay Kumar Mishra, in New Delhi today. In his inaugural address the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs emphasized on the following points:
- The gathering in the Conference, i.e., 75 Senior Prison Officers from 25 States and 4 Union Territories, is the right platform to deliberate on the issues and frame a policy which will have a wider perspective and wider acceptability.
DG, BPR&D, Shri Balaji Srivastava, said the deliberations in the Conference will be useful for preparing short term, mid-term and long-term policies. He also briefed about different initiatives undertaken by the BPR&D on Prisons/Correctional Administration, such as:
- Developing Parameters for Ranking of Prisons.
- Preparation of 50 Prison Training Manuals for various categories of Staff and Officers in Jails.
- Formulation of Model Prison Legislation.
On the first day of the Conference, the following themes were deliberated upon:
- Panel Discussion on “Correctional Services in India: A Perspective”.
- Presentation on Research Projects on Prisons/Correctional Administration.
- Syndicate discussions on Preparing a Decadal Road Map for Prisons and Correctional Services.