Prime Minister first official meeting with the state and district official in regards to Covid management held.
May 18,2021 New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi held the first official meeting with the state and district official in regards to Covid management today on 18 May. Officials from Karnataka, Bihar, Assam, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, MP, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, and Delhi took part in the meeting.
Apart from Home Minister Amit Shah, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa were also present in the meeting.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THE MEETING
- During the discussion with the District Collectors of various states, PM Modi said “All of you have worked very hard in combating the second wave of Covid 19. There are many of you who, despite being Corona positive themselves, continued to control the situation in their district.”
- PM Modi appreciated the official while carrying out various innovative initiatives in their district to fight against Covid 19. He said, “If you think any reform is needed in policy, you share feedback without any hesitation. Once I receive it, I will definitely work on how they can be replicated in other districts.”
- PM Modi further said, “In a way, every district has its own different challenges. You understand the challenges of your district in a much better way. And so, when your district wins, it means the country wins.”
- PM Modi said, “Local containment zones, aggressive testing, and accurate and complete information to the people are our main weapons.”
- He further appreciated the work they have been doing at the village level and addressed them as ‘Field Commanders’ during the war against Covid 19.
- “It is necessary to continuously emphasize on testing, tracking, isolation, treatment, and Covid appropriate behavior. We have to give high priority to the rural and remote regions during this second wave of Covid 19,” PM said.
- He further said, “While adhering to the guidelines, it is also to be noted that the poor should get the least trouble. No citizen should have any problem.”
- “Rapid work is being done to install oxygen plants in hospitals in every district of the country through PM Cares. These plants have already started functioning in many hospitals,” PM said.
- PM Modi stressed the importance of vaccination and how it the strongest way to fight against Covid 19. He asked them to clear all the myths against the vaccination.
- “The effort is to provide slots of vaccination for 15 days in advance to people. By this you will be able to manage the situation better,” PM said.
- He said, “Efforts are being made to scale up the supply of Covid 19 vaccine in a big way.”